This is not only really tasty but it is choc-a-bloc with nutrition. You really have to taste this to believe it. It is not a meal for refrigerating and eating later. It is best served fresh and immediately after preparation. Mediterranean style cod and tomato is a common dish which is popular in several countries across the Mediterranean region. This has come about because of its ease and speed of preparation and its tasty flavour.
Mediterranean Cod and Tomatoes
(takes about twenty minutes)
* A few small strips of cod fillets
* 1 large onion (sliced)
* 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* Â½ cup vegetable broth
* *Â¼ cup chopped Kalumatta olives
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* *1 tablespoon of capers
* Some chopped basil
* 2 tablespoon chopped rosemary
* 2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
* cod fillets – sliced into 2 inch strips
* Pinch of red chili flakes to taste
* cracked black pepper to taste
1. Slice onions and chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon broth in a stainless steel pan. SautÃ© onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes in broth, until translucent. Add garlic and sautÃ© for another minute.
3. Add rest of broth, tomatoes, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer on medium heat. Once it begins to simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Add herbs, Kalumatta olives, capers, and fillets.
5. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, depending thickness of the fish.
6. Spoon some of the suace over the cod before presenting.
Serves up to 4 people and best with a bed of rice (brown) or Greek salad. In case you’d like to glean over some extra mediterranean diet recipes, here’s a link to some tasty Mediterranean lunch recipes.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe at one of the bookmarks in the share this link below.