Through the course of the past three decades, a significant number of scientific studies have demonstrated that a person’s diet can help to prevent some types of cancer. One diet regimen that appears to have beneficial effects at preventing cancer is the Mediterranean diet plan.
If you are interested in developing health eating routines and want to engage a diet program that can work to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, you should take a look at the Mediterranean diet. In this regard, there are seven points that you should ponder when it comes to the impact of the Mediterranean diet on reducing the risk of cancer.
Seven Points to Ponder: The Mediterranean Diet and Cancer Risks
1. A Trans-European study undertaken by the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition demonstrated that people who closely adhere to Mediterranean dietary schemes were significantly less likely to succumb to cancer than were people who followed other diet programs. In fact, the study suggests that the mortality rate from cancer of men and women who follow the Mediterranean diet is an astonishing twenty-five percent less than the mortality rate of people who are involved in other dietary practices.
2. A significant number of people participated in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition study. In fact, there were 22,000 people enrolled in the study in Greece alone.
3. While it is not conclusively demonstrated that the Mediterranean diet is effective at reducing the risks of all types of cancer, preliminary results of various research studies suggest that there may be no types of cancer that are left unaffected by this diet scheme. Indeed, historical evidence suggests that the incidents of all types of cancer in the Mediterranean Sea region is less than what is found in other areas around the world.
4. In order to enjoy the cancer reduction benefits of the Mediterranean diet, it is important that a person follow all of the dining regiments of the program. In other words, a person can not pick and choose the components of the Mediterranean diet that he or she might favor or enjoy. Rather, in order to obtain the full cancer reduction benefits of the Mediterranean diet, a person need to embrace all aspects of the regimen.
5. Statistics and research suggest that the longer a person follows the Mediterranean diet, the less of a risk of developing cancer such a person will face. In other words, the Mediterranean diet appears to have a cumulative effect on a personÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s health.
6. While researchers believe that it is the combination of elements that comprise the Mediterranean diet that reduce the risk of cancer, the program is particularly helpful in reducing the risk of this disease because it is low in saturated fat, high in fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains, and low in fatty, red meats.
7. Keep in mind that while diet is proven to impact the incidence of cancer, other healthy living practices are also important. In this regard, a person should exercise regularly. Additionally, if you are a smoker, you need to quit.
By understanding the interrelationship between diet and disease, a person can take steps that may effectively reduce his or her risk of cancer, heart disease and other serious ailments. The Mediterranean diet is proving itself an effective method of reducing the risks of a number of different diseases, including various types of cancer.
Here’s more on %NEXTARTICLE% or you can try the exceptional Mediterranean diet today.